Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Moment with A. L. Kay


1-Tell the readers a little about yourself.
My name is A.L. Kay (pen name of course) and I am a writer, mother, psychology student and I am co-owner of a publishing company
2-As an author, do you take time to read? If so, what do you like to read and who is/are your favorite author/s?
When I find the time to read, I do.  I do not have a favorite author, too hard to choose.  I like to read the dark paranormal romances more (YA usually).
3-How do you stay motivated when the Muse is uncooperative?
I switch to writing something different.  The best thing I find is if I hit a wall on one story, I work on a different one.  
4-If you could go anywhere in the world on a romantic getaway, what would you do and where would you go?
Probably either the Bahamas and go scuba diving, or to the mountains and just be together with my husband.

5-What is the hardest thing for you to write?
Romance seems to just be so tough for me to write and I do not know why at all.  The darker romances I can do easier than just plain romance.
6-If you could live the life of one of your characters who would you be?
So far, I would be Jacey.  Jacey is the main character in a story I am still writing.  The book does not have a title yet.  It’s still pretty new.
7-The tag line on my blog is ‘Indulge Your Inner Romantic.’ What do you do to indulge?
What do I do to indulge in romance?  I spend time with my husband and cuddle, watch movies, play video games (yes I can find this romantic in some ways), go on trips together, and a bunch of other things.  Did I mention I love Chocolate covered cherries and strawberries?  ; )

Red Wine” is an anthology by four authors; A.L. Kay, M.R. Murphy, River Jordan and Rue Volley. 
 In the short story, "Red Wine", you dive into the mind of a psychotic lover’s dark revenge.
 In "Ginn Hunter", the hunter becomes the hunted when Seth Fautuex seeks revenge.
 "Leela": Orphaned and alone, a girl must triumph against an insidious creature shrouded in myth.
 "Birth of a Vampire" takes you deep into the mind of girl who is broken, but about to be reborn, bathed in blood. 
Genre: Creepy/Twisted/Horror



A.L. Kay was born, raised, and currently lives in Jacksonville, FL.  She is the daughter of a pilot and a stay at home mom.  A.L. Kay is married, has two precious daughters and three crazy cats.  She is a psychology major, owns her own editing business and still manages to writer her own stories.  A.L. Kay loves ; including snakes, frogs and spiders. A.L. loves Alternative Rock and Country music. Stories with mythological and paranormal elements are her favorite to read and write.  If you ever run into her, there will be a book not far from her grasp.


1 comment:

Lynn Chantale said...

Welcome A. L. Thank you so much for being here. Help yourself to the buffet. I see Chef Aanan has returned. And there are plenty of chocolate covered cherries and strawberries. And not to be outdone. Tyrell (bartender) has prepared a special red wine punch.

Switching WIPs is something I've done for years. And for me to work on 2-7 manuscripts at one time is the norm. Although lately the Muse has been very focused on one task.