Friday, February 17, 2012

Assumed Identity with Lila Munro


1-Tell the readers a little about yourself.
I’m a forty-something empty nester who’s married to her own real life hero in the form of a US Marine. Currently I live on the coast of North Carolina, although I’ve lived all over the place over the last fifteen years and in fact have moved nine times. I’ve held a driver’s license in four states and had an international driving permit at one time when I lived in Okinawa, Japan for three years. I have two pets, a Bernese Mountain dog named Rags and an overweight Sheltie named Lady, both of whom were rescue dogs and think they are tiny humans. I love research. Yep, that’s right. I love research. Not many people do and I’ve only found a smattering of writers these days that enjoy it, but I think it’s one of the most fabulous parts of penning, the hunt for the facts. And my research trips take me to some of the most unusual places, and I’ve met some of the most fascinating individuals that way. 
What do I write? Everything from sweet to heat. I started out writing pretty tame characters in vanilla worlds and gradually progressed to individuals that lived in much less vanilla worlds with lots of toys…and…stuff. My first love though was military romance and later this year I’ll see a return to that sub-genre for a while.
2-As an author, do you take time to read? If so, what do you like to read and who is/are your favorite author/s?
Absolutely! Stephen King once said if you don’t have time to read, you don’t have time to write. I read almost every day. My Kindle is filled with Maya Banks, Kitty Thomas, Loralei James, Tymber Dalton and KA Mitchell currently. This list is much longer on the archived titles and I find new things I want all the time.
3-How do you stay motivated when the Muse is uncooperative?
Bubble baths…and decaf coffee. I’m not allowed caffeine anymore. Aside from that I write anything to get kick started. Blog posts, letters, character profiles…
4-If you could go anywhere in the world on a romantic getaway, what would you do and where would you go?
I’ve been asked this question several times this year and my answer is always the same. It might seem pretty boring to most people, but here goes. My husband is a Marine. He’s been deployed this time for a year and isn’t home yet. The most romantic thing would be our back yard and a bottle of wine right now.
5-What is the hardest thing for you to write?
Well, it used to be hard for me to write “those” words…you know, (murmuring out of the side of my mouth) body part. ;) Not anymore. I tell new writers, stand in front of a mirror. Repeat difficult word or phrase until you no longer turn red. Write. They will now come much easier while writing since you have no trouble saying them.
6-If you could live the life of one of your characters who would you be?
I can’t tell all my dirty secrets and desires…my goodness. ;) I do so love Jillian Stewart though from book two in my Identity series, True Identity. Steph Sachelles is just yummy!
7-The tag line on my blog is ‘Indulge Your Inner Romantic.’ What do you do to indulge?
Regular trips to Vicky’s Secret…the sales clerks at my store know me by name. ;)
Lila Munro currently resides on the coast of North Carolina with her husband and their two four-legged kids. She’s a military wife with an empty nest and takes much of her inspiration for her heroes from the marines she’s lived around for the past fifteen years. Coining the term realmantica, she strives to produce quality romance in a realistic setting. Her genre of choice is contemporary romance that spans everything from the sensual to BDSM and ménage. When she’s not writing, she enjoys reading everything she can get her hands on, trips to the museum and aquarium, taking field research trips, and soaking up the sun on the nearby beaches. Her works include The Executive Officer’s Wife, Bound By Trust, Destiny’s Fire, Salvation, Three for Keeps, the Force Recon series, the Slower Lower series, and the Identity series. She’s a member in good standing of RWA and Passionate Ink. Currently she’s working on sequels to several series to be released throughout 2012. And has a brand new line scheduled for winter 2012-13. Ms. Munro also works as the VP of Business Affairs for Rebel Ink Press. She loves to hear from her readers and can be contacted via her website http://realmanticmoments.blogspot.com  or through Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Lila_Munro You can also contact her via email at lilasromance@gmail.com For more information about Rebel Ink Press please visit their website at www.rebelinkpress.com

Innocent childhood games of dress-up and pretend…

Julie Stevens is as straight as they come. Or so she tries to convince herself. But it isn’t easy believing that little white lie when she has the two most sexually eccentric best friends on the planet. One is a bi-sexual Domme who believes if it looks fun, try it. The other is a gay man in the role of slave to his very sexy Master whom Julie often wishes wasn’t gay. Dante’s commanding presence makes her want to do things that set her on fire with need and embarrassment. Given her boring vanilla life, how exactly does she fit into their world? Would they like to have a shinier third wheel?

Are a completely different animal for grownups…

After one wild evening and a bit too much liquid encouragement, Julie discovers a side of herself she’s always tried to ignore. The realization she’s a sub not only scares her, it excites her and she yearns for more. But the process of finding the right man to teach her becomes a real issue, until Mason comes along. He’s everything Julie imagines a Dom should be. Armed with her masque and Renaissance costume, Julie is thrown for a loop when the handsome Master draws more willingness out of her than she ever thought possible. Is it possible she’s more than a submissive? And will the assumptions he’s made about her identity end up tearing them apart?
“Are you wet, angel?” Mason asked, running one hand down the middle of her back. Her intake of breath told him she was and that she didn’t want to admit it. “Answer me. Now.”
“Yes,” she whispered over a whimper.
Covering her body with his, Mason leaned over her and gently took her by her hair. “Tell me what you need, angel.”
Silence. Sniffling. Muffled moans.
“Julie. Tell. Me. What. You. Need.”
“Sex.” Her voice was barely audible.
“No. That’s what you think I want. I know what I want. You’re to free your mind of thoughts concerning what you think I want.” Mason pushed back up and began moving one hand over her back in a soothing pattern. “Tell me what you need.”
“I need…I…Don’t make me…”
“Say it.”
“I need to come,” she whined.
“Good girl,” he praised. “Now tell me what you want.”
“I don’t understand…”
“Yes, you do. Tell me,” he growled.
“I want you to make me come,” she gushed, arching her back into his constant touch.
“I’m going to do just that, angel,” he spoke harshly, leaning back over her and taking a handful of hair, raising her head enough he could nip her earlobe. “Tell me you understand.”
“I understand.”
“When’s the last time you had an orgasm?” She started to answer and he cut her off. “With a man?”
“I can’t remember.”
“Shame on them,” Mason told her. 
He stood and while keeping one hand on her lower back letting her know he was still present, he unbuttoned his jeans then unzipped them slowly, adding to her agony by being forced to listen to the click of each tine popping open. Scooting his pants down his legs along with his boxers, he stepped out of them and when his hand left her so he could sheath himself, Julie grunted in frustration.
“Get on your back on the bed,” he said as he finished rolling the condom down. She needed the visual contact even if she couldn’t see anything but shadows and reflections.
She hesitated, looked behind her as if trying to determine if he was baiting her or not, then turned and backed across the mattress before lying down with her legs spread and her arms at her sides, her eyes tightly squeezed shut. So clinical, as if she expected to be used as a vessel. Who the hell had she been with before and what the hell had they done to her to make her think sex was about lying like a dead fish while the man got what he wanted? Then he remembered what she’d been like at the party, after he’d caught her in the chase.
She was carefree and happy, not at all a dead fish beneath him. As he’d lain on her in the garden, she was vital and eager. Mason believed she’d have done anything he asked of her she was so pliable…She’d been Hayden. Not Julie. She’d not just been dressed for the party. She was literally hiding behind her masque.
A bit of anger and sorrow wound around Mason’s state of arousal and squeezed him as he realized she had to assume an identity to feel. Then he was almost ashamed at the bit of happiness that crept in at the realization that she was not only fresh and new to his world but actually, she was like putty in his hands. She was ready to be molded into the person she was perfectly capable of being. He could be the one to show Julie how good it really could be, not just physically, but emotionally as well. For tonight though, she needed a safe haven, a place where she could turn her fears into dancing.

2 comments:

Lynn Chantale said...

I read the excerpt and forgot what I was supposed to be doing...Oh right. Hi Lila. Welcome back to Decadent Decisions. I don't know what you did to the guys last time, but they're extra excited to see you.

Okay, I'm going to buy the book. I can't say no to this one. Well I couldn't say no to the last one. Great to have you here again and don't forget to help yourself tot he buffet and open bar. Chef and Tyrell prepared all your favorites.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks so much for having me back and glad the excerpt is...gettin' the job done. ;) Thank you so much Chef and Tyrell, I will have a big slice of red velvet cake and a Royal Flush...oh, hon, don't be shy with the Crown...ahhhh...Thanks everyone for stopping by and have a great weekend!