Thursday, February 2, 2012

Desire, Headlocks and Hexes


1-Tell the readers a little about yourself.
I am a practicing witch and medium. In the past year I've learned that Odessa from my Ring Dreams was once actually a very real person who now acts as my Spirit Guide. Being able to channel spirits has greatly enhanced my writing because I am able to talk to the other side to get inspiration for new stories. My anti-Valentine's Day novella - Infinity - was told to me by a spirit named Lucille.
2-As an author, do you take time to read? If so, what do you like to read and who is/are your favorite author/s?
I've always been an avid reader. Anne Rice is my all time favorite writer. I'm a huge fan of Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series. If you like her stories I think I have a similar voice in my writing. 
3-How do you stay motivated when the Muse is uncooperative?
Since I take dictation from the voices running amok inside my head, if they aren't talking I tend to get stuck. That's why I always have more than one manuscript going. That way there is usually at least one of my characters eager to speak with me on any given day. I also tend to write by the moon phases. I work on first drafts when the moon is waxing until it's full. Then the moon starts wanning I work on edits. The days around the New Moon I usually just have to give my brain a break and do more reading than writing.
4-If you could go anywhere in the world on a romantic getaway, what would you do and where would you go?
I would go to New Orleans. I feel in love with the city from reading Anne Rice's books. My first time there the very first place I went was to see the house on First Street where she lived at the time and was the setting for The Witching Hour.
5-What is the hardest thing for you to write?
My young adult novel Shattered was a huge challenge for me.  Learning to keep it clean and age appropriate was difficult. With the other books in my Ring Dreams series I didn't even realize I was writing erotica until it was pointed out to me by an early critique partner.
6-If you could live the life of one of your characters who would you be? 
Courtney, my heroine in my soon to be released, Séances & Suplexes. I've always said she was my inner bitch come to life. She's super fit blackbelt, own her own gyms, and was a former pro wrestling diva and Playboy centerfold. She's also got a super hot Boy Toy named Alex who forces her to believe in happily ever after.
7-The tag line on my blog is ‘Indulge Your Inner Romantic.’ What do you do to indulge?
White chocolate and good books. I couldn't image a life without lots and lots of books.

A love spell turns lethal when Rowan falls for professional wrestler, Dylan Dalton. Once she’s immersed in his world of scripted violence, endless drama, and constant temptations of life on the road, Rowan learns the identity of her birth father. Chaos ensues when she finally meets the man responsible for raping her 15 year old birth mother.

Guided by the ghost of her grandmother, Rowan sets out to avenge her birth mother’s untimely death. The young witch is willing to do anything to eliminate anyone who dares to try to come between her and Dylan. Their whirlwind affair reveals several scandalous secrets that threaten to destroy the already-dysfunctional Dalton family. 
It was love at first sight for Billy and Lizzie. Their only problem is Lizzie’s father, a pro wrestling legend and a feared bad ass fighter both inside and outside of the ring. Paul Bryson is not about to let his baby girl hook up with the kid he’s grooming to take his spot as the territories top star. 
Especially since Billy was already on his way to stealing Paul’s place as the Carolina’s leading ladies man. 



2 comments:

Lynn Chantale said...

Welcome Jezebel. Thanks for being here on Decadent Decisions today. Please help yourself to the open buffet and bar. Chef Aanan and Tyrell are at your service.

You are the first Jezebel, other than fictional character I've met. Is it your name or your pen name?
Both books sound fascinating. A Pro Wrestling diva. Did you do any hands on research for that?

Jezebel Jorge said...

Thanks for having me Lynn.

Jezebel is a pen name inspired by the lyrics to one of my favorite Rod Stewart songs... "Red hair, lips and fingernails. I hear you're a mean old Jezebel. Come upstairs and read my tarot card."

My research was spending about 25 years around the inner workings of the wrestling business. Back in the '90s I did try the wrestling diva thing on a very small scale with some indie promotions.