Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sexy in Stilettos


1-Tell the readers a little about yourself.
I’m a Ghanaian American romance author who currently resides in sunny San Diego with

Hubster, Bratlette, and Wonder Dog. I primarily write sexy superheroes paranormals and sexy
interracial contemporaries.  My idea of fun is curling up with my daughter as she pretends to read and I devour as much of a book as I can in the fifteen minutes that she’s occupied.
2-As an author, do you take time to read? If so, what do you like to read and who is/are your favorite author/s?
I try to make that a priority, Sometimes with deadlines that doesn’t’ happen as much as I would like.  But every night before bed, I read something.  JR Ward and Misty Evans are often in my TBR list.  Also Kimberly Kaye Terry.
3-How do you stay motivated when the Muse is uncooperative?
Hate to say it, but I park my but in the chair and write anything I can think of.  I can fix it later, but I hope to make writing my full time job.  Alas, if this were left to my muse being cooperative I’d never write.  When she’s there, it’s effortless.  When she’s not, it’s work, but the result is still the same.  I have to work hard and stay focused.
4-If you could go anywhere in the world on a romantic getaway, what would you do and where would you go?
That one’s easy, I’d go on Safari.  My husband and I went on our honeymoon and it was the most majestic landscape I’ve ever seen.  I’m dying to go back.
5-What is the hardest thing for you to write?
Love scenes.  It’s hard keeping it fresh and not rehashing something you’ve already done.  I always take special care to make them tingling hot, but fresh and interesting.
6-If you could live the life of one of your characters who would you be?
I get asked this a lot.  I’m going to have to pick a character from Reluctant Protector, Cassie.  But just because she’s got such a bad ass set of super powers.  If not her, then Jaya.  She’s the most like me.  The one who’s skin I’m most comfortable in.
7-The tag line on my blog is ‘Indulge Your Inner Romantic.’ What do you do to indulge?
On rare occasions I indulge my inner diva and I’ll go do the whole beauty glam thing even if I have nowhere to go.  Helps me feel good about myself.  Hard to do with a little one running around, but I make time for that.

What’s worse than having to watch your sister marry your ex fiancé?  How about when that fiancé fires you from the family business?    
Hyper-organized, event planner Jaya Trudeaux is used to doing things by the book and never making waves.  It’s a strategy that’s served her well until she finds herself in failure alley with no fiancé, no job and her thirtieth birthday looming.  Maybe it’s time to change her methods.  Starting with an unlikely date to the wedding from hell.
The only thing that can tie carefree playboy, Alec Danthers down is his formidable step mother.  When she calls him home to help find his wayward brother, he never imagines an uptight, list making, sass- talking woman would make him think about putting down roots.
Can Jaya put the lists down long enough to enjoy the ride that is Alec?  Will Alec stop running long enough to recognize true love?
Warning: Sexy, sass talking women will make you laugh, cry and want a pair of killer footwear.
Nana's love of all things romance and adventure started with a tattered romantic suspense she borrowed from her cousin on a sultry summer afternoon in Ghana at a precocious thirteen.  She's been in love with kick butt heroines ever since.  With her overactive imagination, and channeling her inner Buffy, it was only a matter a time before she started creating her own characters.
Waiting for her chance at a job as a ninja assassin, Nana, meantime works out her drama, passion and sass with fictional characters every bit as sassy and kick butt as she thinks she is.  Though, until that ninja job comes through, you'll find her acting out scenes for hubby and puppy while catching up on her favorite reality television shows in sunny San Diego.


1 comment:

Lynn Chantale said...

Hi Nana! Welcome to Decadent Decisions. Come on in and help yourself to the buffet and open bar. Chef and Tyrell are at your disposal.

I love that you indulge your inner diva. I need to do that more often. An all day spa treatment, every woman should have one of those.