Friday, January 27, 2012

Embraced with Rebecca Royce


1-Tell the readers a little about yourself.
As a teenager, I would hide in my room to read my favorite romance novels when I was supposed to be doing my homework. I hope, these days, that my parents think it was worth it.
I am the mother of three adorable boys and I am fortunate to be married to my best friend. We live in northern New Jersey and try not to freeze too badly during the winter months.
I am in love with science fiction, fantasy, and the paranormal and try to use all of these elements in my writing. I've been told I'm a little bloodthirsty so I hope that when you read my work you'll enjoy the action packed ride that always ends in romance. I love to write series because I love to see characters develop over time and it always makes me happy to see my favorite characters make guest appearances in other books.
In my world anything is possible, anything can happen, and you should suspect that it will.


2-As an author, do you take time to read? If so, what do you like to read and who is/are your favorite author/s?
I read constantly. Anything I can get my hands on.  Nalini Singh is probably my favorite author. She makes me want to be a better writer.  
3-How do you stay motivated when the Muse is uncooperative?
I read something or I write something else. I just make the Muse move on. 
4-If you could go anywhere in the world on a romantic getaway, what would you do and where would you go?
I have always wanted to go to St. Lucia. 
5-What is the hardest thing for you to write?
When I first started out, it was the sex scenes. Now, it’s a case by case basis. Every story has its own challenges. 
6-If you could live the life of one of your characters who would you be?
Oh…I don’t know. No one in the Conditioned world.  It’s too disturbing.  But I do love that they find absolute true love so maybe Seven then. 
7-The tag line on my blog is ‘Indulge Your Inner Romantic.’ What do you do to indulge?
I love really really good food.  And I love Broadway shows. I think those are my two indulgences.

Blurb:
Benedicte Lavelle is a single father raising two small daughters. When his neighbors put him in charge of handling the haunting that plagues their neighborhood, he has no choice but to use disreputable means in order to bring in a Conditioned ghost hunter to help with their problem. He doesn’t expect to be drawn to the young woman who arrives at his house in chains. He doesn’t expect to have his entire life thrown into upheaval when she is snatched away.
Conditioned prisoner Seven-Two-Four has never had a name. She cannot read, and is scheduled to die as soon as she is returned to the Institution. The Conditioned are not considered human, but Seven can see ghost energy and she can love Ben like no one ever has before.
When fate takes Seven from Ben’s arms, can he move on and find a new purpose in life or will he be forever trapped by the need to rescue those like his lost love?

2 comments:

Lynn Chantale said...

Welcome. Enjoy the buffet and open bar.

I remember those days of reading, hiding and reading.
What is one of your favorite Broadway shows? There are a couple of plays I watched on PBS don't know if the made it to Broadway or not, but they were fun to watch.

Rebecca Royce said...

Oh so glad to be here! My favorite Broadway show? Well, I have a favorite straight play and a favorite musical. Favorite play is Arcadia by Tom Stoppard. Favorite Musical is South Pacific.

Although I have to say that I saw War House at Lincoln Center and that might by new favorite...