Sunday, September 16, 2012

Street Safe was a Bestseller

That was the coolest, neatest thing I've ever seen. You know I had to take screen shots of this event. When I first learned about making the list, my publisher tagged me on FB.  By then I think I was at #79 on the Multicultural list. And this was on release day.
I had no idea something like that could happen…at least on release day. :-)
So thank you so much to everyone who has bought a book, shared the posts, links, retweeted on Twitter. You guys rock and are totally amazing.

I will confess there is a part of me that wants to see how far Street Safe can go and for how long. In the meantime, I'll leave you with a blurb and a snippet of my newest release.

Blurb:

Street Callan wants only one thing from the sultry voluptuous woman in red heels, a night of steamy, unadulterated sex.
Na’arah Simmons has no problem submitting to Street’s seductive allure, since she shares in the attraction.
When their one night stand leaves her with an unplanned souvenir, his less than desired response will force her to move on.
However, when she’s the only witness to a brutal murder, Na’arah has only Street to turn to if she wants to save herself and her unborn child.

Excerpt:
Street rounded the corner and paused. His heart pounded a little harder and the hard-on he’d sported most of the night came roaring to life. Oh yeah, tonight must be his night if Na’arah was standing next to his office alone.
He limped closer, the sweet, intoxicating scent of her perfume beckoning as easily as her sultry pose.
She probably had no idea of the alluring picture she presented. Eyes closed, full lips parted as if waiting for a lover’s kiss and one shapely leg bent so her heel rested on the wall behind her. That position also allowed the skirt of her dress to rise a little higher on her thighs. Tonight was definitely his night.
 He stopped in front of her and still she hadn’t moved. This close, and the heat of her body wrapped around his. Resisting the urge to mold his body into the temptation of her soft front he leaned closer, resting a hand near her head and dragging her scent deep into his lungs.
“Not liking the party?” he murmured.
She snapped open her eyes, a small gasp accompanied the quick rise and fall of her lovely breasts. Her tongue darted out to lick her lips and he stifled a groan. What he wouldn’t give to feel her mouth on his, or anywhere else on his body, for that matter.
“Not particularly, but they’re not my friends,” she answered. She straightened, her breasts brushing his chest, but he didn’t move.
She merely arched a brow and he smiled. So she didn’t seem to mind that he was invading her space. How far could he test her limits?
“So why are you the designated driver?” He leaned closer... His thighs brushed hers and sent a jolt of longing through his system.
“My sister.” Na’arah lifted an arm and rested her hand on his chest. “I owed her a favor.”
He savored the warmth of her palm. He could imagine the way her hands would feel sliding over his skin, trailing down his stomach and closing around his erection. “I’m glad you did.” He swept a lock of her hair from her shoulder, pleased at the silkiness of the strands.
Desire flared in her irises. Maybe she wasn’t as unaffected as he thought.
“So what would your girlfriend say if she saw us right now?
“Nothing. I don’t have one.”
Her shoulders sagged.
So she’d been worried about his relationship status. Interesting. “Should I be worried about some pesky boyfriend?”
She shook her head and looked away.
He tucked a curl behind her ear, before trailing a finger along her jaw until it rested beneath her chin. Slowly, he tilted her head until she once more met his gaze.
“You still have the most amazing eyes. I always remembered that about you.”
“I can’t believe you noticed my eyes.”
“That’s not the only thing I noticed.” He shifted until his knee slid between her thighs. He longed to explore her heat.  Closer still and he had her effectively trapped between his body and the wall.
Not a bad place to be at the moment, but he could think of one better.
“And you forgot my name.”
Chagrin coursed through him.
“Why did you stop coming?” A hint of hurt clung to her voice. “Did I do something you didn’t like?
Damn, she didn’t waste words and strangely, he found her candor arousing. He could do no else than be truthful. “Because I’m attracted to you.”
Her gaze flew to his then dropped away. A smirk twitched the corners of his mouth. He’d surprised her with his admission.
“Nothing to say?”
“Prove it.”

Buy Links


Until next time, Indulge Your Inner Romantic.