Well, I am waiting...again! What to do when you have to wait? One thing to do is blog. I haven’t updated my page in a bit, so I figured I would rattle off a few things I can do while I wait.
- When Anticipation Is Too Much- I Know you’re rolling your eyes. I stared at the ceiling for about twenty minutes one morning trying to come up with something clever for each letter of the word “wait.”
- Play Bejeweled. I still haven’t beat the high score!
- Start writing in a new genre. Dabbling in the erotic field. How hot is too hot?
- Make a new list of publishers to query, when you’ve exhausted the first, second or third lists.
- Give up. Yes, I said it. Being a writer is not for the faint of heart. If you can’t take the rejections then you should just break your pencils, burn that pretty notebook and unplug the laptop!
- Have a glass of wine...or two. Once the warm, fuzzy feeling settles over you the wait won’t seem so long.
- Call a friend. Thank God I have that unlimited plan. The conversations I and my sibs have could single-handedly pay a CEO’s salary.
- Clean the house. Yes, cleaning can be therapeutic and often the Muse needs a bit of a break from her job of constant inspiration.
- Read a book. Right. I have three kids and a husband. I’m lucky I have time to write.
- And the best thing in the world to do while I’m waiting...Write! I bet you thought I was going to say something like research or sex? Hmmm, both could be combined for a little inspiration and well...I just go an idea.
Thanks for stopping by and reading. What are some of your favorite things to do while waiting to hear back from a publisher, or at the doctor’s office, or anyplace you’re left cooling your heels?