Saturday, July 21, 2012

Experience or Imagination? with Ella Jade


Hi! My name is Ella Jade and I'm thrilled to be here today.  I want to thank W. Lynn Chantale for having me.
When I tell friends, family or people who ask what I do for a living that I'm an author of erotic fiction they often seem surprised. They're always like, "Really? You write what?" The biggest question I'm asked about my chosen profession is…
Do I write from personal experience?
I'd love to say YES! My sex life is just as hot as the pages in my books. Lol I'm not saying I'm a prude or my husband is lacking anything. But I will say, I just don't have that much time in my life for that much research.
I'm a stay-at-home mom most days, a full-time writer, V.P. of the PTO and I substitute teach a few times a month. I'm a busy girl, so when it comes time to write those steamy scenes I rely heavily on my imagination. Several of my books contain BDSM themes but I don't participate in that lifestyle so I have no firsthand knowledge. I do as much research as I can but when it comes time for me to develop characters and set up the plot I just write what I define as sexy or appropriate for that particular scene. I want to stimulate the reader and have them get lost in my words. When I'm writing, I want to forget about reality for a few hours and indulge in fantasy. 
Obviously, romance plays a huge part in all of my books. I like to create strapping, sexy and dominant heroes but they also have to be flawed. Character growth and redemption are always present in my novels. A good friend once told me, "Not everyone is all good, or all bad." I use those words to develop strong characters that can grow, accept change and be emotionally invested in their partners. Once I develop my characters and establish their emotional connection the rest is easy and steamy and sexy and erotic…
At the end of the day, I guess I can say I write from personal experience. Maybe not in the way most think an erotic author should, but experience none the less. I observe life, people, emotions, relationships and love. And maybe on occasion I might say to my husband, "Wanna try chapter three tonight?" ;)
***
My newest release is a BDSM romance and is available now with Beachwalk Press. Make Me Stay is a story of rekindled love and finding a way to make it work. Here’s the blurb…
Can the sub teach the Dom to play?
Natural submissive Gracie Miller thought she had found her other half in Cade Jameson. Not only did he help her through a difficult time in her life, in the bedroom he brought her more pleasure than she could have ever imagined. They seemed perfect for each other. 
Cade knew what he wanted in the bedroom. Gracie brought out his domineering side and ignited his passion. But he feared he was too dominant for this beautiful, naïve girl, who was so young and impressionable, so he ended their relationship.
Two and a half years later, Gracie returns to town a new woman. She had moved to the city and found a "Master" who showed her what she was truly capable of. Now she's back and wants to show Cade exactly what kind of submissive she could be for him.
But after hearing all that she's experienced, Cade now wonders if he's dominant enough to satisfy her. Can he be the man Gracie needs him to be?
Content Warning: graphic sex, BDSM themes
Thanks so much for joining me today!
Stop by my blog if you'd like to check out my upcoming releases…

5 comments:

ella jade said...

Thanks so much for having me today;)

Ashlynn Monroe said...

This is on the top of my to-buy list Ella!!

ella jade said...

Thanks, Ashlynn! I'm flattered.

Tara said...

What a great post! You made me laugh...I wonder what my own husband would say if I asked that. ROFL. Fantastic. Good luck with your release.

ella jade said...

Thanks, Tara! Glad I made you laugh. :) We all have to do some amount of research, right? My husband doesn't seem to mind. lol